Work With Us
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of a multi-site midsized manufacturing organization. The incumbent is a critical member of teh Finance team and is acountable for planning, managing, and executing all accounting activities of the Accounting Department.
The incumbent leads, manages, & develops the accounting team and interfaces with all areas and levels of the business. He/she works collaboratively with executive & plant management to report and analyze results, improve processes and safeguards all internal controls.
- Lead monthly accounting close process.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, timelines of monthly, quarterly and year end closing and reconciliation processes (e.g., FA ledger, prepaid expenses and accrued expenses)
- Adherence to cost accounting policies, procedures, and standard costs.
- Manage the accounting staff including Staff Accountant and Accounts Payable
- Responsible for oversight of treasury management including bi-weekly payment processing.
- Development of new reporting metrics for Accounting and improving the company’s existing processes for Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Coordinates financial, bank and other audits.
- Ensures system of internal control is maintained.
- Possess 5+ years of experience of accounting experience; including at least 3+ years of management experience preferred.
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, IQMS, etc.) and advanced Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Exposure to cost accounting principles preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.