Work With Us
Quality Control Technician
Inspect and drive root cause, corrective action, & continuous improvement to ensure the quality of all production meets United’s quality standards while emphasizing safety and abiding by United Solutions policies and procedures
- Must be able to stand and walk for 60% of a scheduled shift
- Must be able to walk, with or without an additional weight load
- Must be able to lift and /or carry 40 lbs. to shoulder height and pull palletized plastic parts with a manual pneumatic jack, on a regular basis.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel programs & email software
- Must have an incredible attention to detail
- Must possess ability to drive the successful capturing of production details with follow up troubleshooting
- lot#, material, silos, melts, color ratio, and cycle times.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate work order requirements.
- Must have ability to follow directions carefully, truthfully, and consistently.
- Must have the ability to read ruler, micrometer, and Vernier
- Must be capable to visually inspecting production pieces for quality defects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work Safely and must not perform unsafe acts that could result in injury
- Work in a fast-paced environment pulling samples from the plant floor
- Ensure appropriate Inspection of Finished goods are performed Truthfully and Accurately
- Must send daily quality updates via email to Quality Staff & Production Manager.
- Log daily nonconformances and report them to QM
- Must be aware of and capture production details such as material info, lot#, ratio, cycle times
- Define problems with details and report all issues for analysis and disposition
- Measure samples with calipers and confirm product labels, UPC Labels, Carton Labels, Cartons, & All WIP Components are correct. FULL AUDIT – Material-Packaging-Product-Labeling-Everything
- Train production personnel in proper QC procedures and production packets
- Assist with Sample Request, Rework, Repack, AQL inspections, Post-Production Inspections, & Trials
- Must attend Quarterly Staff Meeting
- Participate with Continuous Improvement projects
- Assist with identifying root causes and support corrective action plans
- Other Duties as assigned by the Quality Manager or Shift Supervisor (or designee)
- Provide Director of Quality with support of any additional assigned tasks / duties
- Uphold the United Solutions Code of Conduct standards