United Solutions is a licensed manufacturer of Rubbermaid® products, as listed on our products page, and offers product warranty protection, as marked on the product label, for material or workmanship defects if the product was purchased from United Solutions or an Authorized United Solutions Dealer. If you have purchased a United Solutions product and wish to submit a claim, contact us at (800) 858-2379. You can also submit a claim on our Contact Us page by selecting the Warranty Claim option at the top of the form. Please include a photo of the product showing the defective area.
ANIMAL DAMAGE, MISUSE, OR PRODUCT ABUSE.
What does “Limited 1-Year Warranty” mean?
United Solutions assures you, the end user customer, that the unit will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a limited period from the time of purchase.
What does “Lifetime Warranty” mean?
United Solutions assures you, the end user customer, that the unit will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the product.
What is NOT covered by the Limited 1-Year Warranty or Lifetime Warranty?
Misuse or Abuse
- Damages caused from trash handler as part of trash pickup
- Lids that have blown away
- Damage caused by animals
Normal Wear and Tear
- Eventual development of holes due to pulling bottom of plastic unit across rough pavement
- Discoloration due to intense sunlight
Commercial or Industrial Use This warranty covers residential use only.
What procedure do I use to submit a warranty claim?
Please submit a warranty claim to our Warranty Support Center by filling out the form on our Contact Us page and selecting Warranty Claim at the top of the form. You can also use one of the options below to submit a claim.
Please include the following:
- Photo that clearly shows product damage or defective area
- Copy of your sales receipt with the date and location of purchase
- Your name, address, phone number, and a brief description
Attn: Warranty Support Center
33 Patriot Circle
Leominster, MA 01453
How long will it take to get a response back from United?
You should hear back from our Warranty Support Center within 24-48 business hours from receipt of your correspondence. If replacement parts are to be sent, please add 1-2 weeks of additional time (including shipping).
If there is agreement that this is an applicable warranty claim due to a manufacturing defect, but not for normal wear and tear, United Solutions will either:
- Replace the product in question with a like item; or
- Issue a refund in the amount of the purchase based on the dated sales receipt that may be redeemed at any retailer that stocks a current, similar Rubbermaid® product. If you submit the dated sales receipt (or a copy thereof), the value of the certificate will reflect the price reflected on the sales receipt. If you submit a copy of the date wheel, the value of the certificate will reflect the average retail price of the warranted item.