Work With Us
Shipper Warehouse Lead
To supervise and coordinate all activities related to United’s shipping and warehousing functions. Including, but not limited to, understanding and disseminating Customer Compliance demands and safe and efficient warehousing practices and procedures.
Reporting to the Distribution Manager you will:
- Maintain the docks, staging and warehouse areas so they are clean, organized, and safe at all times.
- Ensure the inventory accuracy and integrity of all FG and WIP products
- Continually instruct, motivate and build consensus within the department.
- Standardize and implement procedures to improve safety and efficiency of workers
- Ensure all FG and WIP production and receiving product is placed neatly and safely. Ensure the proper use United tally sheets to document all SKUs unloaded and /or received.
- Utilizing scanners, work with Tally Sheets, Pick Tickets and Cycle Counts, maintain inventory accuracy and pick & pack shipping operations.
- Ensure the correct protocol when shipping international orders (i.e., 7-point container inspection)
- Identify and develop employees’ skills and aptitudes to build a stronger team environment.
- Assist Distribution Manager with periodic Employee Performance Reviews.
- Supervise employees time to engage in, safe and efficient shipping and warehousing functions.
- Immediately report any issues with product or equipment, any unsafe conditions or actions of other employees, to the Distribution Manger
- Other Duties as assigned by the Distribution Manger
To meet the basic qualification for this role you must meet the following:
- Must possess a current United Solutions powered vehicle operator’s license.
- Must have advanced organizational skills.
- Must be able to use and teach how to use a Hand-Held Scanning device
- Must have good command of basic mathematics and computer literacy.
- Must be able to walk, sit and stand, at varying intervals during an entire shift.
- Must be able to wear proper protective equipment, including seatbelts.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 35 lbs. up to shoulder height.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions